Here is an updated list of pet organizations that may offer financial assistance for senior citizens, low-income status, and/or those that are on disability. Please note that an organization may ask for proof of income and/or disability status for eligibility. We cannot make a guarantee that every organization can offer assistance on an immediate basis:
- Actors and Others for Animals is a Southern California community-based organization serving the greater Los Angeles area. Among other services, the organization provides financial assistance for emergency medical procedures for those of limited income. Call (818) 755-6045.
- Animal Health Foundation provides non-elective medical and surgical procedures for sick or injured pets. You must provide proof of low-income status for eligibility.
- Fixnation provides low-cost spay/neuter and basic services (vaccinations, testing, microchipping etc…) for cats.
- Four Legged Friends Foundation’s Sunny Day Fund provides veterinary assistance for low-income people in Los Angeles.
- Holiday Humane Society is a private hospital that offers some of the lowest-cost services in Los Angeles. They cover basic procedures only. Call (818) 765-8196.
- Pet Orphans offers a program for individual rescuers that helps primarily with spay/neuter, vaccinations and adoption events. They also have a Good Samaritan Fund to assist with medical emergencies, as funds are available.
- The Sam Simon Foundation provides low-cost or free non-orthopedic surgeries to low-income residents of Los Angeles.
- Voice for the Animals Foundation Helping Friends Program helps seniors and people with disabilities, terminal illnesses or fixed incomes to take care of their pets.