Spay & Neuter Services
Our hospital offers spaying and neutering on Mondays and Tuesdays for both dogs and cats. On Wednesdays, we offer a special discount price of $50 for neutering for male cats only. All surgeries require an appointment scheduled ahead of time along with a few requirements, too.
What are the Requirements for Spay and Neutering?
- A current examination with one of our veterinarians is required prior to scheduling surgery.
- All dogs are required to be up-to-date on their DA2PP, Bordetella, and Rabies vaccinations.
- Dogs need to be at least 10 months or older for spay/neuter surgery.
- Cats need to weigh at least 2 lbs (.9kg) and be up-to-date on their FVRCP, and Rabies vaccinations.
- All patients need to be at our hospital at 7 a.m. the day of the surgery.
What does the Spay and Neutering Include?
- Our spaying and neutering includes the anesthesia, surgery, pain and antibiotic injection, e-collar, and oral pain medication to take home.
- Extra fee(s) apply for dogs and cats that are in-heat; pregnant; pseudopregnancy; and/or overweight.
- Males that have one testicle or both testicles undescended are subject to an additional surgical fee.
- Extra fee applies for brachiocephalic breeds (e.g. Boxer, French Bulldog, Shih-Tzu, Pug etc…)
- For dogs and cats that are 7 years or older, pre-anesthetic blood work and an IV catheter are required at an additional cost.
For the $50 Male Cat Neuter Clinic on Wednesdays, the price includes the anesthesia, surgery, and an antibiotic injection only. Pain medication, e-collar, and antibiotics to take home are available for an extra fee. Please refer to the pre-surgical requirements listed up above, and understand the price reflects a normal, healthy male cat.